I believe that the little things in life are the most important things and that most times we seem to overlook them.
Whether it’s your friend bringing you a coffee when you’ve had a bad day, to a stranger in the hallway asking how you’re doing. From being told you look beautiful today to something
as simple and kind as a good morning text. It’s these little things in life that remind us that someone cares.
When you’re having a bad day and there’s that one person who knows how to cheer you up, don’t take that for granted. These people are hard to come by, and I believe that we are little bits and pieces of all the people we choose to surround ourselves with.
I know it’s been said time and time again, but it is so important to surround yourself with positive people, because if you surround yourself with negativity, your relationships will become toxic. Sometimes we don’t even realize it, and that’s the scariest part. That sometimes, the person who seems to bring you happiness can also be the root of your sadness. That sometimes this person can be the light of your life and slowly, without you ever really realizing can cause you more pain than you’d ever imagined.
It’s the little things, such as taking the time to step back from reality and reflect on life that are most important. It’s being strong enough to realize that the people around you are toxic, that they aren’t benefitting you in any way, and being brave enough to let them go.
It’s the little things like ..
- realizing that sometimes holding on can cause more pain than letting go
- learning from our mistakes
- not being afraid to start over again after your first heartbreak
That make us stronger.
It’s the little things like..
- taking the time out of your day to tell the people in your life how much they mean to you
- smiling at a stranger in the hallway
- calling your parents once in a while
- being there for others when they need you
- buying your friend a chocolate bar when she’s had a bad day
That make life a little better for everyone.